Skip to main content

Now What???

In 2009 I was told I would die before they figured out what was wrong with me. 2018 they told me Im lucky to still be here cause this disease should have been taken me out.
I realized something over the weekend.I may not have the quality of life I'm accustomed to. But I'm still here.
I cried because I wasted time I will never get back. I cried because I have to face reality that I may not be the last one on earth to turn the lights off...
Then I had a epiphany.


If you know the storm is coming, you prepare, Do what you can while you can. Yesterday I also realized this, I'm not going to fight for you. I gotta fight to live for myself. And when when this cross gets unbearable and I can't carry it anymore,I need people in my life to be at peace and let me go.
Nothing is more exhausting on a person who has an incurable disease than to fight for themselves and the people they love.

Friday afternoon I had a visit with pain management.During this visit I was informed that there was nothing they could do to help me. I was told that the opiates would wad cause a respiratory issue that would result in death. So I asked was I suppose to live in pain for the rest of my life. The seizure medicine should help. Ha, it doesn't!! I explained how I felt like no one wanted to be the bearer of bad news. And I was right! The surgeon basically told this doctor, it's too risky and our hospital is not equipped to do this procedure, He also said he was not comfortable doing it.
After hearing that and some other information I asked how long would it be before I was wheelchair bound. He said everyone is different.Then he went on to say,"The fact that you are still alive is nothing short of a miracle.And the fact that you are able to move is a blessing". The first disease kills the central nervous system at high speed. The second disease does it a lil slower. They are both the umbrella to MS. Now the neurologist and I have to discuss medication option. Am I a candidate for the meds used to slow it down or has that window closed,
However the cards fall, I'm not going to let it beat me too bad. I got some more adventures left in me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pieces of Me

Once of my favorite songs is Ledisi's "Pieces of Me". That song describes me to the T! It says so much about how I feel on a daily basis. I have learned how to cover my true feelings for the sake of others, and  I am a master at laughing to keep from crying.  I have a bad habit of compromising my own happiness for the sake of others. It's funny how I can be strong for everyone else but me. I'm too busy worried about hurting someone's feelings. I realize now I can't really help that because these things were instilled in me at a very young age. When someone said "aww she's so pretty", my aunt would say "no she aint"! Although I love her to the depths of my soul, she was mean as hell to me growing up. I will share that another day. Today I'm just preparing you for what's to come. My life was like the Color Purple, "You bet not tell nobody but God". To endure all the things that were inflicted upon me was like

Farewell and Hello..........

                                      I just looked at the date and realized I should have launched this blog yesterday. November 19 has held some memorable events for me. At age 9 I was baptized, age 13 I got saved, age 19 I tried again. Although those are all very memorable moments, the biggest was at 12 when I "official" became a woman. Who knew that "special" friend would change the way you looked and felt at least 5 days out of the month! Today as I type my first page I am adding two new memories to my life. The first is being able to break the chains that have consumed me over the years. I have sat back in silence struggling with pain,disappointment and agony. I've been asked over and over again, when are you going to write that book. Well here is the prequel to what's to come. I hope that my pain can heal and strengthen someone who needs it. This is my truth,my journey,my struggle. I just want a release...... I found strength and courage to

Love You

In order to appreciate real love, you must first know what love is. Self love is your first introduction. Many of us were not blessed to have loving parents so we have to love ourselves the way we want others to love us............ ~Camela Joyce